(a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, a custodian shall prohibit inspection, use, or disclosure of a circulation record of a public library or any other item, collection, or grouping of information about an individual that:
(1) is maintained by a library;
(2) contains an individual's name or the identifying number, symbol, or other identifying particular assigned to the individual; and
(3) identifies the use a patron makes of that library's materials, services, or facilities.
(b) A custodian shall allow inspection, use, or disclosure of a circulation record of a public library only:
(1) in connection with the library's ordinary business; and
(2) for the purposes for which the record was created.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.