The purpose of this subtitle is to protect children who have been the subject of abuse or neglect by:
(1) mandating the reporting of any suspected abuse or neglect;
(2) giving immunity to any individual who reports, in good faith, a suspected incident of abuse or neglect;
(3) requiring prompt investigation of each reported suspected incident of abuse or neglect;
(4) causing immediate, cooperative efforts by the responsible agencies on behalf of children who have been the subject of reports of abuse or neglect; and
(5) requiring each local department to give the appropriate service in the best interest of the abused or neglected child.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.