(a) In the year preceding each year in which a primary and general election is to be held throughout the State, the State Board shall conduct a meeting for the members of the local boards.
(b) Unless excused by the State Administrator in accordance with regulations of the State Board, the following individuals are required to attend the meeting:
(1) the members, substitute members, counsel, and election director of each local board; and
(2) any other individuals designated by the State Board or a local board to attend the meeting.
(c)(1) The meeting shall be held at a time and place and continue for such period of time as the State Board considers necessary.
(2) The purpose of the meeting is to instruct the members of the local boards, the election directors, the counsel to local boards, and the other employees who are in attendance, concerning their duties in the conduct of elections.
(d) Each member, substitute member, election director, counsel, or other employee who is required or authorized to attend the meeting shall be reimbursed by the county government:
(1) for all reasonable expenses for each day that the individual attends the meeting; and
(2) for mileage from the individual's place of residence to the place of meeting and return, in accordance with the Standard State Travel Regulations. 1
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.