Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Education § 7-2002

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) There is a Learning in Extended Academic Programs (LEAP) grant program.

(b) The purpose of the Program is to provide a grant to an eligible school to provide extended academic programming that has a positive measurable impact on or enriches the academic performance and overall well-being of students who are at risk of falling behind academic requirements.

(c) The Department shall notify a county board with the names of schools that are eligible to receive a grant under the Program.

(d)(1)(i) An eligible school may apply to the Department to receive a grant to develop extended academic programming that is in furtherance of the purpose of the Program.

(ii) An eligible school may apply for a grant only if the county superintendent endorses the school's grant application.

(iii) An eligible school may coordinate and partner with other eligible schools in the county to jointly apply for a grant to develop extended academic programming among the partnering eligible schools.

(iv) A county board may apply on behalf of one or more eligible schools in the county.

(2) The application shall provide a detailed plan for providing extended academic programming.

(3)(i) An eligible school may partner with a nonprofit organization to provide extended academic programming.

(ii) If an eligible school partners with a nonprofit organization, the application shall provide the name of the organization and the qualifications of the organization to provide the extended academic programming.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Education § 7-2002 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard