Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Education § 21-304

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) There is a Division of Rehabilitation Services in the State Department of Education.

(b) The State Board of Education shall:

(1) Disburse all funds provided, and administer all programs established under this subtitle, for the rehabilitation of disabled individuals;

(2) Appoint and fix the compensation of the personnel necessary to administer this subtitle;

(3) Rehabilitate and place in gainful occupations individuals eligible for the benefits of this subtitle;

(4) Rehabilitate eligible individuals to function more independently;

(5) Adopt rules and regulations necessary to administer this subtitle;

(6) Report annually to the Governor on the administration of this subtitle;  and

(7) Cooperate with other public and private departments, agencies, and institutions to:

(i) Provide for the rehabilitation of disabled individuals;

(ii) Provide for the independent living rehabilitation of severely disabled individuals;

(iii) Study the problems of rehabilitation;  and

(iv) Develop and provide programs, facilities, and services necessary or desirable to implement this subtitle.

(c) The State Department of Education shall, in addition to licensing vending facility managers in federal buildings in this State under § 21-302(c) of this subtitle pursuant to the federal acts, license blind persons to manage vending facilities in all State, county, and municipal buildings and in all privately owned buildings and premises in this State in the event of contract with such person.  The Division of Rehabilitation Services in the State Department of Education shall be the licensing agency for all vending facilities within this State licensed under this subtitle.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Education § 21-304 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard