Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Eligible employment” means full-time employment in the State in an occupation requiring a college or university degree in a math or science program.
(c) “Higher education loan” means any loan for undergraduate study that is obtained for tuition, educational expenses, or living expenses from:
(1) A college or university, government, or commercial source; or
(2) An organization, institution, association, society, or corporation that is exempt from taxation under § 501(c)(3) or (4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.
(a) The Office shall adopt guidelines or regulations to establish:
(1) The math and science degree programs and occupations eligible for the program and review them on an annual basis;
(2) The criteria for making loan repayment assistance awards;
(3) A procedure and schedule for the Office to pay eligible individual loan repayment assistance; and
(4) An annual review of the eligibility of each individual participating in the program.
(b) The Office shall adopt any other guidelines or regulations necessary to implement this subtitle.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Education § 18-1601 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/education/md-code-educ-sect-18-1601.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?