Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Academic year” means the period commencing with the fall semester and continuing through the immediately following summer session at St. Mary's College of Maryland.
(3) “Fund” means the Higher Education Investment Fund established in § 15-106.6 of this article.
(4)(i) “Tuition” means the charges approved by the Board of Trustees of St. Mary's College of Maryland that are required of all undergraduate resident students by the institution as a condition of enrollment regardless of the student's degree program, field of study, or selected courses.
(ii) “Tuition” does not include:
1. Fees that are required of all undergraduate resident students by the institution as a condition of enrollment regardless of the student's degree program, field of study, or selected courses;
2. Fees dedicated to support auxiliary enterprises and other self-funded activities of the institution; or
3. A fee required only for enrollment in a specific degree program, field of study, or course when that fee is not required of undergraduate resident students at the institution for enrollment in other degree programs, fields of study, or courses.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for the academic years beginning in the fall of 2013 and the fall of 2014, the Board of Trustees may not approve and may not impose an increase in the tuition charged for an academic year to a resident undergraduate student at the institution over the amount charged for tuition at the institution in the preceding academic year.
(c) From the Fund, the Governor shall appropriate to St. Mary's College of Maryland:
(1) For fiscal year 2014, $800,000; and
(2) For fiscal year 2015, $1,616,000.
(d) The calculation made under § 14-405 of this subtitle for the fiscal year 2016 General Fund grant shall include the fiscal year 2015 appropriation from the Fund made under this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Education § 14-410 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/education/md-code-educ-sect-14-410.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?