Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The purposes of the Program are to:
(1) designate innovative reuses of dredged material as a sustainable alternative in the management of dredged material disposal; and
(2) provide financial assistance for the production and marketing of technologies that dewater, analyze for contaminants, dry, and process dredged material for reuse in an economically beneficial manner.
(b) The goals of the Program are to:
(1) implement the beneficial reuse of dredged materials as a sustainable dredged material management method;
(2) foster markets for end-use products that use dredged material as a resource;
(3) increase public awareness of the many valuable commercial and industrial uses of dredged material and products made using dredged material; and
(4) facilitate the reuse of at least 500,000 cubic yards of dredged material each year.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-903 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-5-903.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?