Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a)(1) With the approval of the Secretary, the Authority shall appoint an Executive Director.
(2) The Executive Director serves at the pleasure of the Authority, with the concurrence of the Secretary.
(3) The position of Executive Director is a special appointment under the State Personnel and Management System.
(b) The Executive Director is the chief administrative officer of the Authority.
(c) The Executive Director shall:
(1) direct and supervise the administrative affairs and technical activities of the Authority;
(2) attend the meetings of the Authority;
(3) record the minutes of the proceedings of the Authority;
(4) approve all accounts for salaries, per diem payments, and allowable expenses of the Authority, its employees, and its consultants;
(5) approve all expenses incidental to the operation of the Authority;
(6) in cooperation with the Department, submit to the Authority reports and recommendations related to proposed financial assistance under this subtitle; and
(7) perform the other duties that the Secretary or the Authority requires to carry out this subtitle.
(d) The Executive Director is the resident agent of the Authority for the receipt of service made in accordance with the Maryland Rules.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-411 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-5-411.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?