Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-407
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a)(1) The Authority consists of the following nine members:
(i) seven members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate; and
(ii) as ex officio members:
1. the Secretary; and
2. the Treasurer or the Comptroller, as the Governor designates.
(2) An ex officio member may designate a representative to serve on the Authority.
(b) The appointed members shall:
(1) have substantial experience in business or economic development; and
(2) reflect the geographic, racial, ethnic, and gender makeup of the State.
(c)(1) The term of an appointed member is 5 years.
(2) The terms of the appointed members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Authority on October 1, 2008.
(3) At the end of a term, an appointed member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(d) The Governor may remove an appointed member with or without cause.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 5-407 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-5-407.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?