Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Council may:
(1) adopt a seal;
(2) sue or be sued, subject to the limitations of Title 5, Subtitle 3 of the Courts and Judicial Proceedings Article;
(3) adopt a charter, bylaws, rules, and guidelines to carry out its purposes;
(4) acquire, hold, lease, use, encumber, transfer, or dispose of property;
(5) enter into a contract and execute any instrument necessary or convenient to carry out its purposes;
(6) exercise any corporate power granted to a corporation under the Corporations and Associations Article;
(7) serve, with the State Department of Transportation, as a metropolitan planning organization for federal funding and certification; and
(8) do all things necessary or convenient to carry out the powers granted by this subtitle.
(b) The Council shall report annually to the General Assembly, in accordance with § 2-1257 of the State Government Article, on:
(1) the status of the Council's efforts; and
(2) recommended policy goals, strategies, and statutory changes to improve regional cooperation and the long-term health of the region.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 13-204 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-13-204.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?