Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-652
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) There is a Camden Yards Financing Fund.
(b) The Authority shall:
(1) use the Camden Yards Fund as a nonlapsing, revolving fund for implementing this subtitle concerning sports facilities and other facilities at Camden Yards;
(2) pay all expenses and make all expenditures related to Camden Yards facilities from the Camden Yards Fund; and
(3) transfer the sum of $24,000,000 to the Public School Construction Fund established under § 7-326 of the State Finance and Procurement Article by making an annual payment of $2,400,000 beginning in fiscal year 2001 and ending in fiscal year 2010.
(c)(1) To the extent considered appropriate by the Authority, the receipts of the Camden Yards Fund shall be pledged to and charged with the following relating to sports facilities:
(i) the payment of debt service on Authority bonds;
(ii) all reasonable charges and expenses related to Authority borrowing; and
(iii) the management of Authority obligations.
(2) The pledge shall be effective as provided in § 10-634 of this subtitle and any applicable Authority resolution.
(d) The Camden Yards Fund consists of:
(1) proceeds from the sale of bonds related to sports facilities;
(2) revenues collected or received from any source under this subtitle related to Camden Yards facilities;
(3) any other revenues related to Camden Yards facilities, under the jurisdiction of the Authority;
(4) admissions and amusement tax revenues distributed to the Authority under the Tax--General Article;
(5) any additional revenue, gift, donation, or other funding source authorized by law related to Camden Yards facilities; and
(6) payments by Baltimore City under subsection (f) of this section.
(e)(1) The Treasurer shall invest the money of the Camden Yards Fund in the same manner as State funds.
(2) Any investment earnings shall be credited to the Camden Yards Fund.
(3) No part of the Camden Yards Fund may revert to or be credited to the General Fund or any special fund of the State.
(f) Baltimore City shall pay $1,000,000 each year into the Camden Yards Fund for the purposes of debt service and other forms of obligation by the Authority.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-652 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-10-652.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?