Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-307
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Code of Maryland
Search by Keyword or Citation
(a) The Authority consists of the following nine members:
(1) eight residents of the State appointed by the Governor; and
(2) the Treasurer or a deputy treasurer designated by the Treasurer.
(b) Each year the Governor shall designate one member as chair and one as vice chair.
(c) Before taking office, each member shall take an oath to administer the duties of the office faithfully and impartially.
(d)(1) The term of an appointed member is 5 years and begins on July 1.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms in effect for members of the Authority on October 1, 2008.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) The Governor shall fill any vacancy for the unexpired term.
(e) The Governor may remove an appointed member at any time.
This act shall be known and may be cited as the “New Jersey Hall of Fame Act.”
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Economic Development § 10-307 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/economic-development/md-code-econ-dev-sect-10-307.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?