(a) This section applies to the following occupational and professional licensing
(1) the State Board of Architects established under Title 3 of the Business Occupations
and Professions Article;
(2) the State Board of Certified Interior Designers established under Title 8 of the
Business Occupations and Professions Article;
(3) the State Board of Examiners of Landscape Architects established under Title 9
of the Business Occupations and Professions Article;
(4) the State Board for Professional Engineers established under Title 14 of the Business
Occupations and Professions Article; and
(5) the State Board for Professional Land Surveyors established under Title 15 of
the Business Occupations and Professions Article.
(b) There is a State Occupational and Professional Licensing Design Boards' Fund in
the Department, which shall be a continuing, nonlapsing special fund.
(c)(1) Except as otherwise provided by law, each occupational and professional licensing
board described in subsection (a) of this section shall pay all fees collected to
the Comptroller of the State.
(2) The Comptroller shall distribute the fees to the Fund.
(d) The Fund shall be used to cover the actual documented direct and indirect costs
of fulfilling the statutory and regulatory duties of each occupational and professional
licensing board described in subsection (a) of this section.
(e) The Secretary or a designee of the Secretary shall administer the Fund.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.