Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) This section does not apply to a Class 4 limited winery that brings wine or pomace brandy manufactured on its licensed premises onto a retail licensed premises if:
(1) the wine or pomace brandy is being provided for a promotional activity conducted by the limited winery, a retail license holder, an alcoholic beverages trade association, or a nonprofit organization;
(2) a representative of the limited winery or a trade association representing Maryland wineries is present at all times during the promotional activity;
(3) the limited winery or winery trade association complies with any regulations that the Commission adopts relating to on-premises promotions and product sampling;
(4) the limited winery or winery trade association has advance written permission of the retail license holder to bring wine products on the retail licensed premises for the promotional activity; and
(5) all unopened or partially consumed containers of wine and pomace brandy are removed from the retail licensed premises at the end of the promotional activity.
(b) A license holder may not allow an individual to consume on the licensed premises an alcoholic beverage that is:
(1) not purchased on the premises from the license holder; and
(2) not otherwise allowed by this article to be consumed on the premises.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 6-308 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-6-308.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.