Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 4-302

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

(a) Subject to subsection (b) of this section, a license holder or a receiver or trustee for the benefit of creditors, may:

(1) transfer the license holder's place of business to some other location;  or

(2) transfer the license and the license holder's inventory to another person.

(b) A transfer under subsection (a) of this section may be made if:

(1) an application for the transfer has been made;

(2) all sales and use, amusement, admission, and withholding taxes have been paid to the Comptroller;

(3) a bulk transfer permit has been obtained if the inventory of alcoholic beverages is to be transferred:

(i) in any manner, including by sale, gift, inheritance, and assignment;  and

(ii) regardless of whether consideration is paid;  and

(4) the local licensing board approves the new location or license holder in the same way the local licensing board approves the issuance of a license.

(c) An applicant may apply for a transfer of location and transfer of ownership in the same application.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 4-302 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard