Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is a beer tasting (BT) license.
(b) The Board may issue the license to a holder of a Class A beer and wine license or Class A beer, wine, and liquor license.
(c) The license authorizes the holder to allow on-premises consumption of beer.
(d)(1) An applicant for the license shall submit to the Board an application on a form that the Board provides.
(2) The Board may issue a license without a hearing.
(3) If a license application is denied, the applicant may request a public hearing before the Board.
(4) Renewal of the license may be made when the Class A beer and wine license or Class A beer, wine, and liquor license is renewed.
(e) A license holder shall notify the Board in writing at least 5 days before a beer tasting event.
(f) The license holder may serve an individual a quantity of not more than 3 ounces of beer from each offering for tasting.
(g)(1) A maximum of six containers of beer may be open at one time at a beer tasting event.
(2) Once opened, each container shall be marked that it is to be used for the beer tasting only.
(3) Once empty, all containers shall be destroyed.
(h) The days during which a beer tasting event is held may not exceed 50 in any period for which a license is in effect.
(i) The annual license fee is $150.
(j)(1) The contents of a container may not be mixed with any other container.
(2) Beer tasting may not be conducted from a drive-through window.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 32-1306 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-32-1306/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.