Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is a BWT beer and wine tasting permit.
(b) The Board may issue the permit only to a holder of a Class A license.
(c) The permit authorizes the holder to allow the on-premises consumption of beer and wine for tasting purposes only.
(d) The holder of a Class A license may apply for and the Board may issue the permit that is effective for a maximum of:
(1) any 26 days in a licensing period;
(2) any 52 days in a licensing period; or
(3) 365 days in a licensing period.
(e) A permit holder shall notify the Board of the holder's intent to have a tasting at least 7 days before the event if the permit is effective for any:
(1) 26 days in a licensing period; or
(2) 52 days in a licensing period.
(f) An individual may consume beer or wine covered by the license in a quantity not exceeding:
(1) 1 ounce from each offering and 4 ounces from all offerings of wine in a day; and
(2) 2 ounces from each offering and 8 ounces from all offerings of beer in a day.
(g) The permit authorizes the consumption of beer or wine only on the licensed premises of the holder.
(h) The permit fees are:
(1) for a permit that is effective for any 26 days in a licensing period, $150;
(2) for a permit that is effective for any 52 days in a licensing period, $200; and
(3) for a permit that is effective for 365 days in a licensing period, $250.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 28-1307 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-28-1307/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.