Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is a beer festival (BF) license.
(b) The Board may issue the license to a holder of a retail license authorizing the sale of beer, a Class 5 brewery license, a Class 6 pub-brewery license, a Class 7 micro-brewery license, or a Class 8 farm brewery license.
(c) The license authorizes the holder to display and sell beer that is:
(1) manufactured and processed in any state; and
(2) distributed in the State when the license application is filed.
(d) A license holder shall display and sell beer:
(1) at retail for on- and off-premises consumption; and
(2) during the hours and days designated for the festival.
(e) The Board shall:
(1) choose 1 weekend each year for the beer festival that does not fall on the dates chosen for the Sotterley Wine Festival;
(2) choose a location in Historic St. Mary's City for the festival; and
(3) ensure that the primary focuses of the festival are the promotions of both Maryland beer and tourism in Historic St. Mary's City.
(f) The license holder may hold another license of a different class or nature.
(g) The license fee is $15.
(h) The Board shall adopt regulations to carry out this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 28-1304 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-28-1304/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.