Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) From 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. on any day, an individual may not consume alcoholic beverages in:
(1) an establishment open to the public;
(2) a place of public entertainment; or
(3) a place at which setups or other component parts of mixed alcoholic beverages are sold under a license issued under the Business Regulation Article.
(b) An owner or a manager of an establishment or a place specified in subsection (a) of this section may not knowingly allow consumption of alcoholic beverages between the hours specified in subsection (a) of this section.
(c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $50.
(a) The following sections of Title 6, Subtitle 2 (“Enforcement”) of Division I of this article apply in the county without exception or variation:
(1) § 6-202 (“Inspections”);
(2) § 6-203 (“Use of equipment to measure quantity and quality of alcoholic beverages”);
(3) § 6-204 (“Power to summon witnesses”);
(4) § 6-205 (“Peace officers”);
(5) § 6-208 (“Regulating possession or consumption of alcohol in public places”); and
(6) § 6-209 (“Adoption of standards for authorization of consumption”).
(b) Section 6-210 (“State preemption of local disorderly intoxication laws”) of Division I of this article does not apply in the county.
(c) The following sections of Title 6, Subtitle 2 (“Enforcement”) of Division I of this article apply in the county:
(1) § 6-206 (“Charging document for unlawful sale of alcoholic beverage”), in addition to § 27-2608 of this subtitle;
(2) § 6-207 (“Display of alcoholic beverages as prima facie evidence of sale”), in addition to § 27-2609 of this subtitle; and
(3) § 6-211 (“Fines and forfeitures”), subject to §§ 27-2614 and 27-2615 of this subtitle.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 27-2502 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-27-2502.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?