Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) A license holder may not sell alcoholic beverages by means of a self-scanning cash register or other automated system that is:
(1) capable of recovering stored information related to the sale price of individual retail items; and
(2) operated on a self-service basis by a customer.
(b) If a license holder violates this section, the Board may impose on the license holder:
(1) for a first offense, a fine not exceeding $1,000;
(2) for a second offense, a fine not exceeding $2,500; and
(3) for a third or subsequent offense:
(i) a fine not exceeding $2,500; or
(ii) suspension or revocation of the license.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 26-2708 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-26-2708/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.