Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) With the approval of the County Executive and subject to § 1-319 of this article, the Director may:
(1) purchase from a holder of a wholesaler's license or manufacturer's license alcoholic beverages that the Services is authorized to sell and on which the excise tax imposed by § 5-102 of the Tax--General Article is paid;
(2) purchase from a holder of a resident or nonresident dealer's permit and import for resale alcoholic beverages that the Services is authorized to sell, and resell the alcoholic beverages once the excise tax is paid;
(3) sell alcoholic beverages in sealed containers at prices that it determines and that are uniform in all dispensaries;
(4) refuse to sell alcoholic beverages to a person that, in the Services' judgment, is not suitable to purchase or consume the alcoholic beverages;
(5) restrict by any method the quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be sold to an individual consumer or license holder at or during any time;
(6) enter into a contract or adopt regulations necessary or desirable to carry out this article;
(7) sell and ship outside of the county a container or package of alcoholic beverages kept for sale in a dispensary, if not prohibited by law in the place where the shipment is consigned; and
(8) establish the hours of sale for dispensaries, outside of which a dispensary may not remain open.
(b)(1) With the approval of the County Executive, the Director, by rental, lease, purchase, or otherwise, may acquire:
(i) real or personal property determined by the Director to be necessary to operate dispensaries, stores, or warehouses; and
(ii) alcoholic beverages from any source for resale.
(2) Except for purchases of merchandise for resale, the Services shall make all purchases through the County Office of Procurement.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 25-309 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-25-309/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.