Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) There is a Class B-Stadium (baseball stadium) beer, wine, and liquor license.
(b) The Board may issue the license to:
(1) the owner of a professional team franchise, whether the franchise is a partnership, corporation, or limited liability company; or
(2) a private concessionaire that is under contract with the county or a professional baseball team franchise.
(c)(1) The license authorizes the license holder to sell beer, wine, and liquor on the premises of a baseball stadium owned or operated by the county to individuals present at a baseball game or other event held at the stadium.
(2)(i) Except as provided in subparagraph (ii) of this paragraph, beer, wine, and liquor shall be served in plastic, Styrofoam, or paper containers on the stadium premises.
(ii) Beer, wine, and liquor may be served in glass containers in an enclosed stadium dining area in which patrons are seated.
(3) A patron:
(i) may consume and carry beer and wine anywhere on the stadium premises; but
(ii) 1. may consume liquor only in an enclosed stadium dining area or bar; and
2. may not carry liquor out of the enclosed stadium dining area or bar.
(4) The license holder may not allow an individual to carry alcoholic beverages onto or from the licensed premises.
(d) Except as provided in regulations adopted under subsection (e) of this section, the license holder may sell beer, wine, and liquor during the hours and days as set out for a Class B beer, wine, and liquor license under § 18-2004 of this title.
(e) The Board may adopt regulations relating to:
(1) the manner of serving alcoholic beverages;
(2) the number of outlets authorized to serve alcoholic beverages; and
(3) the hours and days of sale.
(f) The annual license fee is $2,200.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 18-1001 - last updated December 31, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/md/alcoholic-beverages/md-code-al-bev-sect-18-1001/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.