Skip to main content

Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 1-404

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

Before a license or alcoholic beverages permit may be issued to an employer to engage in an activity in which the employer may employ a covered employee, as defined in § 9-101 of the Labor and Employment Article, the employer shall file with the Comptroller or local licensing board:

(1) a certificate of compliance with the Maryland Workers' Compensation Act;  or

(2) the number of a workers' compensation insurance policy or binder.

Cite this article: - Maryland Code, Alcoholic Beverages § 1-404 - last updated December 31, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard