Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXXVI. Statutory Actions and Limitations § 413.090. Action upon judgment, contract, or bond; fifteen-year limitation; action for child support arrearages; time to commence action tolled until obligations cease as to last child on order
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) An action upon a judgment or decree of any court of this state or of the United States, or of any state or territory thereof, the period to be computed from the date of the last execution thereon;
(2) An action upon a recognizance, bond, or written contract, except that actions upon written contracts executed after July 15, 2014, shall be governed by KRS 413.160;
(3) An action upon the official bond of a sheriff, marshal, clerk, constable, or any other public officer, or any commissioner, receiver, curator, personal representative, guardian, conservator, or trustee appointed by a court or authority of law;
(4) An action upon an appeal bond or bond given on a supersedeas, attachment, injunction, order of arrest or for the delivery of property or for the forthcoming of property, or to obey or perform an order or judgment of court in an action, or upon a bond for costs, or any other bond taken by a court or judge or by an officer pursuant to the directions of a court or judge, in an action or after judgment or decree, or upon a replevin, sale, or delivery bond taken under execution or decree, upon an indemnifying bond taken under a statute, or upon a bond to suspend a proceeding, or upon a bond or obligation for the payment of money or property or for the performance of any undertaking; and
(5) An action to recover unpaid child support arrearages, which may be initiated as one (1) cumulative action for all child support arrearages owed under a court order, with the time to commence an action under this subsection being tolled until all current child support obligations cease as to the last child covered by that order.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXXVI. Statutory Actions and Limitations § 413.090. Action upon judgment, contract, or bond; fifteen-year limitation; action for child support arrearages; time to commence action tolled until obligations cease as to last child on order - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xxxvi-statutory-actions-and-limitations/ky-rev-st-sect-413-090.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?