Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XXXV. Domestic Relations § 401.010. Adult may have name changed by District Court

Any person at least eighteen (18) years of age may have his or her name changed by the District Court of the county in which he or she resides.  If he or she resides on a United States Army post, military reservation, or fort, his or her name may be changed by the District Court of any county adjacent thereto.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard