Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XX. Alcoholic Beverages § 243.280. Business authorized by nonquota malt beverage package license; compatible licenses; certain premises not to be licensed
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) A nonquota retail malt beverage package license shall authorize the licensee to:
(a) Sell malt beverages at retail by the package from the licensed premises only for consumption off the licensed premises only; and
(b) Purchase malt beverages only from a distributor.
(2) The holder of a quota retail package license under KRS 243.240 may also obtain a license under this section.
(3) The holder of a nonquota retail malt beverage package license may also hold a NQ4 retail malt beverage drink license.
(4) A nonquota retail malt beverage package license shall not be issued to sell malt beverages at retail for any premises from which gasoline and lubricating oil are sold or from which the servicing and repair of motor vehicles is conducted, unless there is maintained in inventory on the premises for sale at retail not less than five thousand dollars ($5,000) of food, groceries, and related products valued at cost.
(5) The term “food and groceries” means:
(a) Any food or food product intended for human consumption except alcoholic beverages, tobacco, hot foods, and hot food products prepared for immediate consumption;
(b) Seeds and plants to grow food for personal consumption.
(6) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any licensed premises which sells no fuel other than marine fuel.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XX. Alcoholic Beverages § 243.280. Business authorized by nonquota malt beverage package license; compatible licenses; certain premises not to be licensed - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xx-alcoholic-beverages/ky-rev-st-sect-243-280.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?