Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Public Health § 224A.306. Conditions for receiving assistance from fund for water-related infrastructure projects
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The authority shall require the following as conditions for receiving assistance from any fund administered by the authority for infrastructure projects related to water service:
(a) Establishment and use of a financial accounting system that accounts for the operations of water treatment and distribution separately from all other operations of the applicant;
(b) Establishment of service rates based upon the cost of providing the service; and
(c) An agreement that the authority may require an audit to be conducted of the applicant at least once every two (2) years.
(2) The authority shall require all applicants within a class to use the same accounting system. The authority may accept present accounting systems in use and applied uniformly to all applicants within a class, for example, the uniform system of accounts established by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners.
(3) The authority may assist water providers to establish accounting systems that meet the requirements of this section. The authority may provide assistance by paying for third-party private contractors or assistance from the Kentucky Auditor of Public Accounts.
(4) The authority may pay for costs related to establishing a new uniform accounting system for the use of governmental agencies that merge or consolidate their water services if:
(a) The merging or consolidating entities use different accounting systems;
(b) The merger or consolidation is consistent with a 2020 water management planning council plan as reviewed and prioritized under KRS 151.607; and
(c) At least one (1) governmental agency water system is a partner in the merger or consolidation.
(5) The authority may fund the requirements of this section from the 2020 water service account.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVIII. Public Health § 224A.306. Conditions for receiving assistance from fund for water-related infrastructure projects - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xviii-public-health/ky-rev-st-sect-224a-306.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?