Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVII. Economic Security and Public Welfare § 205.595. Health coverage for child under medical child support order; duties of employers
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
If a parent is required by a court or administrative order to provide health coverage for a child and the parent is eligible for family health coverage through an employer doing business in the Commonwealth, the employer is required:
(1) To permit the parent to enroll under family coverage any child who is otherwise eligible for the coverage, without regard to any enrollment season restrictions;
(2) In the case where the noncustodial parent provides health care coverage and changes employment, to accept a notice of transfer of the provision to enroll from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, the custodial parent or the noncustodial parent, and to enroll the child in the noncustodial parent's health care coverage, unless the noncustodial parent contests the notice pursuant to KRS Chapter 13B;
(3) If a parent is enrolled but fails to make application to obtain coverage for the child, to enroll the child under family coverage upon application by the child's other parent, custodial parent, or by the Cabinet for Health and Family Services;
(4) Not to disenroll or eliminate coverage of a child unless:
(a) The employer is provided satisfactory written evidence that a court or administrative order requiring coverage of the child is no longer in effect, or that the child is or will be enrolled in comparable health coverage which will take effect no later than the effective date of the disenrollment; or
(b) The employer has eliminated family health coverage for all of its employees; and
(5) To withhold from the employee's compensation the employee's share, if any, of premiums for health coverage, except that the amount withheld may not exceed the maximum amount permitted to be withheld under Section 303(b) of the Federal Consumer Credit Protection Act 1, and to pay the share of premiums to the insurer.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XVII. Economic Security and Public Welfare § 205.595. Health coverage for child under medical child support order; duties of employers - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xvii-economic-security-and-public-welfare/ky-rev-st-sect-205-595.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?