Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XV. Roads, Waterways, and Aviation § 184.080. Powers and duties of board of directors; officers; employees; compensation; regulations; approval of accounts and acts of directors; compliance with KRS 65A.010 to 65A.090; dissolution of district.
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Kentucky Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) The board of directors, which is hereby declared to be the governing body of the road district, shall keep a record of its proceedings, shall adopt and have a seal, and shall exercise all powers and manage and control all the affairs and property of the district.
(2) The board of directors shall elect one (1) of its members chairman, one (1) secretary and one (1) treasurer.
(3) The board may employ an attorney and an engineer, who shall serve in such capacities during the pleasure of the board and for such reasonable compensation as may be fixed by the board and approved by order of the county judge/executive.
(4) Each member of the board may receive a salary of not in excess of two hundred dollars ($200) per annum for his services, which salary shall be fixed at the first meeting of said board, and approved of by order of the county judge/executive, and thereafter may be decreased as the duties of the members decrease.
(5) The board may adopt such rules and regulations as are necessary for its proper functioning.
(6) The chairman, secretary and treasurer of the district shall perform such duties as are usually performed by such officers.
(7) The county judge/executive, by method similar to that for approving settlements of fiduciaries, shall approve the accounts and acts of all directors upon death, resignation or at expiration of their term of office, which county judge/executive approval shall relieve the surety upon the bond of such director, the cost of which shall be a charge against the district.
(9) When the affairs of the district have been completed, the directors and officers shall by verified petition ask the county judge/executive for a dissolution of the district, which petition shall include an accounting of all moneys received and disbursed by the district and shall be referred to the county judge/executive and when approved by the county judge/executive shall release said officers, directors and their sureties, the cost of which shall be a charge against the district.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kentucky Revised Statutes Title XV. Roads, Waterways, and Aviation § 184.080. Powers and duties of board of directors; officers; employees; compensation; regulations; approval of accounts and acts of directors; compliance with KRS 65A.010 to 65A.090; dissolution of district. - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ky/title-xv-roads-waterways-and-aviation/ky-rev-st-sect-184-080.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?