(1) Off-duty peace officers authorized to do so by the government employing the officer and retired peace officers certified under KRS 237.138 to 237.142 may carry concealed firearms on or about their persons at all times and at any location within the Commonwealth where an on-duty peace officer is permitted to carry firearms.
(2) (a) Any person who prevents or attempts to prevent an individual authorized under subsection (1) of this section from carrying a concealed firearm shall be guilty of a violation subject to a fine of:
1. Five hundred dollars ($500) for a first offense;
2. One thousand dollars ($1,000) for a second offense; and
3. Two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) for a third or any subsequent offense.
(b) A citation for the violation may be issued to an individual or an establishment where the violation occurs.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.