Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) The Kansas department of agriculture shall be the official lead agency to coordinate aquaculture activities in the state and shall be responsible for the implementation of a state aquaculture plan.
(b) The secretary of agriculture shall, in regard to the aquaculture industry, have the following duties, authorities and powers to:
(1) Work with the respective regulatory and resource agencies to delineate individual agency responsibilities and activities in aquaculture research, regulation, service, and development;
(2) serve as an advocate for the industry and assist in promoting and marketing aquaculture products. The secretary shall provide market development assistance in conjunction with the industry and shall facilitate improved communication and interaction among aquaculture producers, governmental agencies, both federal and state, and with national organizations representing aquaculture interests;
(3) coordinate the development of aquaculture literature for the general public and fish growers, and act as a central clearinghouse for the transfer of information;
(4) provide guidance for aquaculture research and development;
(5) assist in the development and conducting of educational seminars, workshops, short courses, and other programs on aquaculture;
(6) accept grants and donations; and
(7) promulgate and adopt rules and regulations for the administration of this act.
(c) In implementing the provisions of this section, aquaculture and aquaculture products shall be deemed to be agricultural products as that term is used in K.S.A. 74-530, and amendments thereto. In addition, the secretary of agriculture may use any power and authority granted under K.S.A. 74-530, and amendments thereto, in the implementation of this act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Kansas Statutes Chapter 47. Livestock and Domestic Animals § 47-1902. State aquaculture plan - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ks/chapter-47-livestock-and-domestic-animals/ks-st-sect-47-1902.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?