(a) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations is:
(1) Engaging in any of the following acts with a child who is 14 or more years of age but less than 16 years of age:
(A) Voluntary sexual intercourse;
(B) voluntary sodomy; or
(C) voluntary lewd fondling or touching;
(2) when the offender is less than 19 years of age;
(3) when the offender is less than four years of age older than the child;
(4) when the child and the offender are the only parties involved; and
(5) when the child and the offender are members of the opposite sex.
(b) Unlawful voluntary sexual relations as defined in:
(1) Subsection (a)(1)(A) is a severity level 8, person felony;
(2) subsection (a)(1)(B) is a severity level 9, person felony; and
(3) subsection (a)(1)(C) is a severity level 10, person felony.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.