Sec. 2 . The commission may enter into a contract with a qualified person to provide partial services at the qualified person's location, including a location within a facility used for other purposes. The contract must include the following provisions:
(1) The qualified person must provide one (1) or more of the following services:
(A) Vehicle title services.
(B) Vehicle registration and renewal services.
(2) The qualified person must provide trained personnel to properly process branch transactions.
(3) The qualified person shall do the following:
(A) With respect to each transaction processed at the qualified person's location, impose and collect all fees and taxes applicable to the transaction.
(B) Deposit the fees and taxes with the bureau for deposit in the appropriate fund or account.
(4) The qualified person shall provide fidelity bond coverage in an amount prescribed by the commission.
(5) The qualified person shall provide:
(A) liability insurance coverage in an amount not to exceed two million dollars ($2,000,000) per occurrence, as prescribed by the commission; and
(B) indemnification of the commission for any liability in excess of the amount of coverage provided under clause (A), not to exceed five million dollars ($5,000,000) per occurrence.
(6) The qualified person shall pay the cost of any post audits conducted by the commission or the state board of accounts on an actual cost basis.
(7) The commission must approve each location and physical facility used by a qualified person.
(8) The term of the contract must be for a fixed period.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.