Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 6. (a) With respect to each toll road project and each toll bridge, the authority may enter into:
(1) a contract with the department under section 7 of this chapter for any or all of the purposes enumerated in section 7(b) of this chapter; or
(2) a lease with the department under section 8 of this chapter for any or all of the purposes enumerated in section 8(b) of this chapter.
(b) If the authority determines that the department is not complying with a contract or lease:
(1) the authority shall reassume responsibility for the construction, reconstruction, improvement, operation, maintenance, and repair of the toll road project or toll bridge; and
(2) the contract or lease shall be terminated by the authority.
(c) If the authority enters into a contract or lease with the department as provided in subsection (a), the contract or lease must contain, in addition to the requirements of section 7 or 8 of this chapter, the following:
(1) A description of the toll road project or toll bridge setting forth in general terms its principal features, such as geographic location, terminal points, widths of rights-of-way, number of lanes in each direction, width of traffic lanes, widths of shoulders, location and nature of access points, tunnels, overpasses, underpasses, interchanges, bridges, entrance plazas, approaches, connecting highways, and tollhouses.
(2) Provisions for construction, reconstruction, or improvement of the toll road project or toll bridge.
(3) Provisions for operation, maintenance, and repair of the toll road project or toll bridge in accordance with any applicable trust agreement.
(4) Provisions requiring the toll road project or the toll bridge to be managed as a unit separate from any other district or division of the department.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 8. Utilities and Transportation § 8-9.5-8-6 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-8-utilities-and-transportation/in-code-sect-8-9-5-8-6.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?