Indiana Code Title 5. State and Local Administration § 5-11-5.5-1
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 1 . The following definitions apply throughout this chapter:
(1) “Claim” means a request or demand for money or property that is made to a contractor, grantee, or other recipient if the state:
(A) provides any part of the money or property that is requested or demanded; or
(B) will reimburse the contractor, grantee, or other recipient for any part of the money or property that is requested or demanded.
(2) “Documentary material” means:
(A) the original or a copy of a book, record, report, memorandum, paper, communication, tabulation, chart, or other document;
(B) a data compilation stored in or accessible through computer or other information retrieval systems, together with instructions and all other materials necessary to use or interpret the data compilations; and
(C) a product of discovery.
(3) “Investigation” means an inquiry conducted by an investigator to ascertain whether a person is or has been engaged in a violation of this chapter.
(4) “Knowing”, “knowingly”, or “known” means that a person, regarding information:
(A) has actual knowledge of the information;
(B) acts in deliberate ignorance of the truth or falsity of the information; or
(C) acts in reckless disregard of the truth or falsity of the information.
(5) “Person” includes a natural person, a corporation, a firm, an association, an organization, a partnership, a limited liability company, a business, or a trust.
(6) “Product of discovery” means the original or duplicate of:
(A) a deposition;
(B) an interrogatory;
(C) a document;
(D) a thing;
(E) a result of the inspection of land or other property; or
(F) an examination or admission;
that is obtained by any method of discovery in a judicial or an administrative proceeding of an adversarial nature. The term includes a digest, an analysis, a selection, a compilation, a derivation, an index, or another method of accessing an item listed in this subdivision.
(7) “State” means Indiana or any agency of state government. The term does not include a political subdivision.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 5. State and Local Administration § 5-11-5.5-1 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.