Indiana Code Title 5. State and Local Administration § 5-1-6-13
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 13. (a) The governing body shall have power, in addition to the other powers conferred by this chapter, to insert provisions in any ordinance or resolution authorizing the issuance of refunding bonds, which shall be a part of the contract with the holders of the refunding bonds, as to:
(1) limitations on the purpose to which the proceeds of sale of any issue of refunding bonds, or any notes, bonds, or other obligations then or thereafter to be issued to finance the improving of the enterprise, may be applied;
(2) limitations on the issuance of additional refunding bonds, or additional notes, bonds, or other obligations to finance the improving of the enterprise, and on the lien thereof;
(3) limitations on the right of the issuing body or its governing body to restrict and regulate the use of the enterprise;
(4) the amount and kind of insurance to be maintained on the enterprise, and the use and disposition of insurance monies;
(5) pledging all or any part of the revenues of the enterprise to which its right then exists or the right to which may thereafter come into existence;
(6) covenanting against pledging all or any part of the revenues of the enterprise to which its right then exists or the right to which may thereafter come into existence;
(7) events of default and terms and conditions upon which any or all of the refunding bonds shall become or may be declared due before maturity and as to the terms and conditions upon which such declaration and its consequences may be waived;
(8) the rights, liabilities, powers, and duties arising upon the breach by it of any covenants, conditions or obligations;
(9) the vesting in a trust or trustees the right to enforce any covenants made to secure, to pay, or in relation to the refunding bonds, as to the powers and duties of such trustee or trustees, and the limitation of liabilities thereof, and as to the terms and conditions upon which the holders of the refunding bonds or any proportion or percentage of them may enforce any covenants made under this chapter or duties imposed hereby;
(10) a procedure by which the terms of any resolution or ordinance authorizing refunding bonds, or any other contract with bondholders, including but not limited to an indenture of trust or similar instrument, may be amended or abrogated as to the amount of refunding bonds, the holders of which must consent thereto, and the manner in which such consent may be given;
(11) the execution of all instruments necessary or convenient in the exercise of the powers granted by this chapter or in the performance of the duties of the issuing body and the officers, agents, and employees thereof;
(12) refraining from pledging or in any manner whatever claiming or taking the benefit or advantage of any stay or extension law whenever enacted, which may affect the duties or covenants of the issuing body in relation to the refunding bonds, or the performance thereof, or the lien of such refunding bonds;
(13) the purchase out of any funds available therefor, including but not limited to the proceeds of refunding bonds, of any outstanding notes, bonds, or obligations, including but not limited to refunding bonds, and the price or prices at which and the manner in which such purchases may be made; and
(14) any other acts and things as may be necessary or convenient or desirable in order to secure the refunding bonds, or as may tend to make the refunding bonds more marketable.
(b) Nothing in this section shall be construed to authorize any issuing body to make any covenants, to perform any act or to do anything which shall require the expenditure in any manner or for any purpose by the issuing body of any funds other than revenues received or receivable from the enterprise.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 5. State and Local Administration § 5-1-6-13 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-5-state-and-local-administration/in-code-sect-5-1-6-13.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?