Indiana Code Title 4. State Offices and Administration § 4-33-22-32
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 32. (a) Every person, club, corporation, firm, or association that may conduct any match or exhibition under this chapter shall do the following within twenty-four (24) hours after the end of the match or exhibition:
(1) Furnish to the commission, by mail, a written report duly verified by that person or, if a club, corporation, firm, or association, by one (1) of its officers, showing the amount of the gross proceeds for the match or exhibition and other related matters as the commission may prescribe.
(2) Pay a tax of five percent (5%) of the price from the sale of each admission ticket to the match or exhibition, which price is a separate and distinct charge and may not include any tax imposed on and collected on account of the sale of the ticket. Money derived from the tax shall be deposited in the fund.
(3) Pay all fees established by the commission necessary to cover the administrative costs of its regulatory oversight function.
The commission may waive the tax on the price of admission for complimentary admissions.
(b) Before any license is granted for any boxing, sparring, or unarmed combat match or exhibition in Indiana, a bond or other instrument that provides financial recourse must be provided to the commission. The instrument must be:
(1) in an amount determined by the commission;
(2) approved as to form and sufficiency of the sureties by the commission;
(3) payable to the state; and
(4) conditioned for the payment of the tax imposed, the officials and contestants, and compliance with this chapter and the valid rules of the commission.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 4. State Offices and Administration § 4-33-22-32 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-4-state-offices-and-administration/in-code-sect-4-33-22-32.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?