Indiana Code Title 4. State Offices and Administration § 4-13.1-3-1

Sec. 1 . (a) The office shall appoint a group to develop standards that are compatible with principles and goals contained in the electronic and information technology accessibility standards adopted by the architectural and transportation barriers compliance board under Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 ( 29 U.S.C. 794d ), as amended.  The office shall adopt rules under IC 4-22-2 concerning the standards developed under this section.  Those standards must conform with the requirements of Section 508 of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973 ( 29 U.S.C. 794d ), as amended.

(b) The group shall consist of at least the following:

(1) A representative of an organization with experience in and knowledge of assistive technology policy.

(2) An individual with a disability.

(3) Representatives of the judicial and legislative branches of state government.

(4) Representatives of the administrative branch of state government.

(5) At least three (3) representatives of local units of government.

(c) If an entity subject to the requirements of this section cannot readily comply with the information technology accessibility standards without undue burden, the entity shall submit a plan to the office with a proposed time for later compliance with the standards.  A plan submitted under this subsection must provide alternative means for accessibility during the period of noncompliance.

(d) Notwithstanding any other law, the standards developed under subsection (a) apply to the executive, legislative, judicial, and administrative branches of state and local government.

FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.