Sec. 3 . The executive shall do the following:
(1) Keep a written record of official proceedings.
(2) Manage all township property interests.
(3) Keep township records open for public inspection.
(4) Attend all meetings of the township legislative body.
(5) Receive and pay out township funds.
(6) Examine and settle all accounts and demands chargeable against the township.
(7) Administer township assistance under IC 12-20 and IC 12-30-4.
(8) Perform the duties of fence viewer under IC 32-26.
(9) Provide and maintain cemeteries under IC 23-14.
(10) Provide fire protection under IC 36-8, except in a township that:
(A) is located in a county having a consolidated city; and
(B) consolidated the township's fire department under IC 36-3-1-6.1 .
(11) File an annual personnel report under IC 5-11-13.
(12) Provide and maintain township parks and community centers under IC 36-10.
(13) Destroy detrimental plants, noxious weeds, and rank vegetation under IC 15-16-8.
(14) Provide insulin to the poor under IC 12-20-16.
(15) Perform other duties prescribed by statute.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.