Indiana Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-6-4-3
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 3. The executive shall do the following:
(1) Keep a written record of official proceedings.
(2) Manage all township property interests.
(3) Keep township records open for public inspection.
(4) Attend all meetings of the township legislative body.
(5) Receive and pay out township funds.
(6) Examine and settle all accounts and demands chargeable against the township.
(7) Administer township assistance under IC 12-20 and IC 12-30-4.
(8) Perform the duties of fence viewer under IC 32-26.
(9) Provide and maintain cemeteries under IC 23-14.
(10) Provide fire protection under IC 36-8, except in a township that:
(A) is located in a county having a consolidated city; and
(B) consolidated the township's fire department under IC 36-3-1-6.1.
(11) File an annual personnel report under IC 5-11-13.
(12) Provide and maintain township parks and community centers under IC 36-10.
(13) Destroy detrimental plants, noxious weeds, and rank vegetation under IC 15-16-8.
(14) Provide insulin to the poor under IC 12-20-16.
(15) Perform other duties prescribed by statute.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-6-4-3 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-36-local-government/in-code-sect-36-6-4-3.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?