Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 16.5 . (a) This section does not apply to the following:
(1) A judgment, an order, or a writ of a court.
(2) A will or death certificate.
(3) A plat.
(4) A survey.
(b) The county recorder may receive for record an instrument or a document if:
(1) the instrument or document consists of at least one (1) individual page measuring not more than eight and one-half (8 1/2 ) inches by fourteen (14) inches that is not permanently bound and is not a continuous form;
(2) the instrument or document is on white paper of at least twenty (20) pound weight and has clean margins:
(A) on the first and last pages of at least two (2) inches on the top and bottom and one-half ( 1/2 ) inch on each side; and
(B) on each additional page of at least one-half ( 1/2 ) inch on the top, bottom, and each side; and
(3) the instrument or document is typewritten or computer generated in black ink in at least 10 point type.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-2-11-16.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-36-local-government/in-code-sect-36-2-11-16-5.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.