Indiana Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-2-11-15
Search Indiana Code
Sec. 15 . (a) This section does not apply to:
(1) an instrument executed before July 1, 1959, or recorded before July 26, 1967;
(2) a judgment, order, or writ of a court;
(3) a will or death certificate;
(4) an instrument executed or acknowledged outside Indiana; or
(5) a federal lien on real property or a federal tax lien on personal property, as described in section 25 of this chapter.
(b) The recorder may receive for record or filing an instrument that conveys, creates, encumbers, assigns, or otherwise disposes of an interest in or lien on property only if:
(1) the name of the person and governmental agency, if any, that prepared the instrument is printed, typewritten, stamped, or signed in a legible manner at the conclusion of the instrument; and
(2) all Social Security numbers in the document are redacted, unless required by law.
(c) An instrument complies with subsection (b)(1) if it contains a statement in the following form:
“This instrument was prepared by (name).”.
(d) An instrument complies with subsection (b)(2) if it contains a statement in the following form at the conclusion of the instrument and immediately preceding or following the statement required by subsection (b)(1):
“I affirm, under the penalties for perjury, that I have taken reasonable care to redact each Social Security number in this document, unless required by law (name).”.
Read this complete Indiana Code Title 36. Local Government § 36-2-11-15 on Westlaw
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.