Sec. 8.1 . (a) A person who manufactures, finances the manufacture of, or designs an instrument, a device, or other object that is intended to be used primarily for:
(1) introducing into the human body a controlled substance;
(2) testing the strength, effectiveness, or purity of a controlled substance; or
(3) enhancing the effect of a controlled substance;
in violation of this chapter commits a Class A infraction for manufacturing paraphernalia.
(b) A person who:
(1) knowingly or intentionally violates this section; and
(2) has a previous judgment for violation of this section;
commits manufacture of paraphernalia, a Level 6 felony.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.