Sec. 7 . (a) A person who, without a valid prescription or order of a practitioner acting in the course of the practitioner's professional practice, knowingly or intentionally possesses a:
(1) controlled substance or controlled substance analog (pure or adulterated), classified in schedule I, except marijuana, hashish, or salvia; or
(2) controlled substance or controlled substance analog (pure or adulterated), classified in schedule II, III, or IV;
commits possession of a controlled substance, a Class A misdemeanor, except as provided in subsection (b).
(b) The offense is a Level 6 felony if the person commits the offense and an enhancing circumstance applies.
(c) A person who, without a valid prescription or order of a practitioner acting in the course of the practitioner's professional practice, knowingly or intentionally obtains:
(1) more than four (4) ounces of schedule V controlled substances containing codeine in any given forty-eight (48) hour period unless pursuant to a prescription;
(2) a schedule V controlled substance pursuant to written or verbal misrepresentation; or
(3) possession of a schedule V controlled substance other than by means of a prescription or by means of signing an exempt narcotic register maintained by a pharmacy licensed by the Indiana state board of pharmacy;
commits a Class A misdemeanor.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.