Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-48-4-12.5
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Search Indiana Code
Search by Keyword or Citation
Sec. 12.5. (a) This section applies to a person:
(1) charged with or convicted of a violation of section 6 of this chapter based on the possession of a narcotic drug classified in schedule I or II; and
(2) who was administered an overdose intervention drug (as defined in IC 16-18-2-263.9) for an acute opioid overdose.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c), a person to whom this section applies is entitled to be enrolled on a priority basis in:
(1) a forensic diversion program (as described in IC 11-12-3.7) providing a treatment plan for a person with an addictive disorder;
(2) a pretrial diversion program offered by the prosecuting attorney that mandates treatment for addictive disorders; or
(3) another county program, including a drug court program, that provides treatment for persons suffering from addictive disorders who have been charged with or convicted of a drug offense.
(c) A person to whom this section applies is not entitled to enrollment in a program described in subsection (b) if:
(1) an appropriate program is not available in the county;
(2) the person is not eligible for an appropriate program; or
(3) placement in a program is not appropriate due to the person's criminal history.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-48-4-12.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-48-4-12-5.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?