Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 11 . (a) A person who:
(1) knowingly or intentionally possesses (pure or adulterated) marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or salvia;
(2) knowingly or intentionally grows or cultivates marijuana; or
(3) knowing that marijuana is growing on the person's premises, fails to destroy the marijuana plants;
commits possession of marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or salvia, a Class B misdemeanor, except as provided in subsections (b) through (c).
(b) The offense described in subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor if:
(1) the person has a prior conviction for a drug offense; or
(A) marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or salvia is packaged in a manner that appears to be low THC hemp extract; and
(B) person knew or reasonably should have known that the product was marijuana, hash oil, hashish, or salvia.
(c) The offense described in subsection (a) is a Level 6 felony if:
(1) the person has a prior conviction for a drug offense; and
(2) the person possesses:
(A) at least thirty (30) grams of marijuana; or
(B) at least five (5) grams of hash oil, hashish, or salvia.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-48-4-11 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-48-4-11.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.