Sec. 6 . (a) The controlled substances listed in this section are included in schedule II.
(b) Any of the following substances, except those narcotic drugs listed in other schedules, whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
(1) Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, excluding apomorphine, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, naloxone, naltrexone, and their respective salts but including:
(A) raw opium (9600);
(B) opium extracts (9610);
(C) opium fluid extracts (9620);
(D) powdered opium (9639);
(E) granulated opium (9640);
(F) tincture of opium (9630);
(G) codeine (9050);
(H) dihydroetorphine (9334);
(I) ethylmorphine (9190);
(J) etorphine hydrochloride (9059);
(K) hydrocodone (9193), and any hydrocodone combination product, as determined by the federal Food and Drug Administration;
(L) hydromorphone (9150);
(M) metopon (9260);
(N) morphine (9300);
(O) oxycodone (9143);
(P) oxymorphone (9652);
(Q) thebaine (9333); and
(2) Any salt, compound, isomer, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in subdivision (b)(1) of this section, but not including the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium.
(3) Opium poppy and poppy straw.
(4) Cocaine (9041).
(5) Concentrate of poppy straw (the crude extract of poppy straw in either liquid, solid, or powder form which contains the phenanthrene alkaloids of the opium poppy) (9670).
(c) Opiates. Any of the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers whenever the existence of these isomers, esters, ethers, and salts is possible within the specific chemical designation:
Bulk dextropropoxyphene (nondosage forms) (9273)
Levo-alphacetylmethadol (9648). Other names:
Levo-alpha-acetylmethadol; levomethadyl acetate; and LAAM.
Methadone-Intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethyl-amino-4, 4-diphenyl butane (9254)
Moramide-Intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1, 1-diphenylpropane- carboxylic acid (9802)
Pethidine (Meperidine) (9230)
Pethidine-Intermediate- A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine (9232)
Pethidine-Intermediate-B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate (9233)
Pethidine-Intermediate-C,1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carbo xylic acid (9234)
(d) Stimulants. Any material compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a potential for abuse associated with a stimulant effect on the central nervous system:
(1) Amphetamine, its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers (1100).
(2) Methamphetamine, including its salts, isomers, and salts of its isomers (1105).
(3) Phenmetrazine and its salts (1631).
(4) Methylphenidate (1724).
(5) Lisdexamfetamine, its salts, its isomers, and salts of its isomers.
(e) Depressants. Unless specifically excepted by rule of the board or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances having a depressant effect on the central nervous system, including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers whenever the existence of such salts, isomers, and salts of isomers is possible within the specific chemical designation:
(f) Immediate precursors. Unless specifically excepted by rule of the board or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Immediate precursor to amphetamine and methamphetamine: Phenylacetone (8501). Some trade or other names: phenyl-2-propanone; P2P; benzyl methyl ketone; methyl benzyl ketone.
(2) Immediate precursors to phencyclidine (PCP):
(A) 1-phenylcyclohexylamine (7460); or
(B) 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC) (8603).
(3) Immediate precursor to fentanyl: 4-Anilino-N-Phenethyl-4-Piperidine (ANPP).
(g) Hallucinogenic substances:
Dronabinol oral solution. Other name: (-)-delta-9-trans-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC).
Nabilone (7379). Other name: (+/-)-trans-3-(1,1-dimethylheptyl)-6, 6a, 7, 8, 10, 10a-hexahydro-1-hydroxy -6, 6-dimethyl-9H-dibenzo [b,d] pyran-9-one.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.