Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
Sec. 16.5. “Enhancing circumstance” means one (1) or more of the following:
(1) The person has a prior conviction for dealing in a controlled substance that is not marijuana, hashish, hash oil, or salvia divinorum.
(2) The person committed the offense while in possession of a firearm.
(3) The person committed the offense:
(A) on a school bus; or
(B) in, on, or within five hundred (500) feet of:
(i) school property while a person under eighteen (18) years of age was reasonably expected to be present; or
(ii) a public park while a person under eighteen (18) years of age was reasonably expected to be present.
(4) The person delivered or financed the delivery of the drug to a person under eighteen (18) years of age at least three (3) years junior to the person.
(5) The person manufactured or financed the manufacture of the drug.
(6) The person committed the offense in the physical presence of a child less than eighteen (18) years of age, knowing that the child was present and might be able to see or hear the offense.
(7) The person committed the offense on the property of a:
(A) penal facility; or
(B) juvenile facility (as defined in IC 35-44.1-3-5).
(8) The person knowingly committed the offense in, on, or within one hundred (100) feet of a facility. For purposes of this subdivision, “facility” means a place that is:
(A) created and funded under IC 12-23-14 or IC 33-23-16;
(B) certified under IC 12-23-1-6; or
(C) used for the purpose of conducting a recovery or support group meeting;
and at which a drug abuser (as defined in IC 12-7-2-73) may be provided with treatment, care, or rehabilitation.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Indiana Code Title 35. Criminal Law and Procedure § 35-48-1-16.5 - last updated June 08, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/in/title-35-criminal-law-and-procedure/in-code-sect-35-48-1-16-5.html
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.