Sec. 4 . (a) As used in this section, “juvenile prostitution victim” means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age who engages in juvenile prostitution.
(b) A person who:
(1) knowingly or intentionally entices or compels another person to become a prostitute or juvenile prostitution victim;
(2) knowingly or intentionally procures, or offers or agrees to procure, a person for another person for the purpose of prostitution or juvenile prostitution;
(3) having control over the use of a place, knowingly or intentionally permits another person to use the place for prostitution or juvenile prostitution;
(4) receives money or other property from a prostitute or juvenile prostitution victim, without lawful consideration, knowing it was earned in whole or in part from prostitution or juvenile prostitution; or
(5) knowingly or intentionally conducts or directs another person to a place for the purpose of prostitution or juvenile prostitution;
commits promoting prostitution, a Level 5 felony. However, the offense is a Level 4 felony under subdivision (1) if the person enticed or compelled is less than eighteen (18) years of age.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.