(b) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
(1) obtains a pecuniary interest in a contract or purchase with an agency within one (1) year after separation from employment or other service with the agency; and
(2) is not a public servant for the agency but who as a public servant approved, negotiated, or prepared on behalf of the agency the terms or specifications of:
(A) the contract; or
(B) the purchase;
commits profiteering from public service, a Level 6 felony.
(c) This section does not apply to negotiations or other activities related to an economic development grant, loan, or loan guarantee.
(d) This section does not apply if the person receives less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250) of the profits from the contract or purchase.
(e) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section that:
(1) the person was screened from any participation in the contract or purchase;
(2) the person has not received a part of the profits of the contract or purchase; and
(3) notice was promptly given to the agency of the person's interest in the contract or purchase.
FindLaw Codes are provided courtesy of Thomson Reuters Westlaw, the industry-leading online legal research system. For more detailed codes research information, including annotations and citations, please visit Westlaw.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.